I know that the new application, Yukon, has in the works for the past year and is supposed to have lots of nice new features, but having a more bare-bones solution in place (that is a step above a CLI) would be extremely useful for most system-setup use cases. Basically, what would cover most of my needs is:
- Ability to see a list of all active nodes on the bus
- Ability to fetch all parameters from a node and view them in a table
- Ability to modify and “save” (send) parameters back to a node
- Bonus: The Bus Monitor, with its handy message decoding
- Bonus: The Jupyter-style interface
That’s really it. Yakut works, but trying to setup a large system with it sounds quite painful.
Thoughts? I haven’t really looked into the details of the UAVCAN GUI Tool; how difficult would this be to strip it down to just a simple register interface?